Monday, July 03, 2006

Jon's 06 road season = over

the trip to the orthopedist today did not produce the results I wanted. I went in thinking I would get the standard 4-6 week healing time. Luckily this will hold true for my left hand, but not my right. Now they think my right hand might need surgery and will definitely need 10-12 weeks (surgery or not). Dang man, that's 3 months!?!? Oh well looks like I'll be doing some hiking to try get fit for cross. For now I just want my road rash to stop oozing. Oh yeah, the fun never ends, since I'm the type of guy who likes a challenge, the Dr and Nurse decided that a short cast was just to sissy for my right hand. Instead I got a manly man cast. If you thought I was scrawny before, wait until you see what my right arm looks like after 3 months in this bad boy:


4 comments:

reastman said...

Oh drat! That sucks.

Brent said...

Bring on the T-Rex arms! ;)

tamom said...

i'm sorry jon... what a bummer. i didn't realize from earlier pictures that you were in casts...
i think a trip to SB is in order for you and beth.
tammy

Ross said...

Holy crap!