Thursday, May 04, 2006

In Reverse

Had a good TT yesterday, I knew I was off pace from my ride last year. I was to conservative on the way out and as a result was 20 seconds slower than last year.

Today was a different story. I was feeling REALLY good from the gun. Made it through the loops around Cliff with ease and then proceeded to get a flat on the way to the climb. Baker and I switched wheels and chased back on, I felt even better after that effort. I was set up perfectly going into the climb. We hit the climb and my legs were all of a sudden not good. I couldn't really go hard at all. Made it over the mesa in the 3rd group and then my body decided to shift into reverse. Guys were flying by me like I was standing still. The worst part was I had NOTHING, couldn't get my HR or Watts up. BAD day for me.

CC Rider made the break for like the 5 th year in a row and produced a 5000Kcal day. Hats off to Coyle for another great ride.

The Cat 2 guys are RIPPING and making up for our GC shortfalls.

More fun tomorrow.

No comments: