Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cateye RR- Good Idea??

Was doing the road race yesterday a good idea? Let's see...

Was it good for my bike? Probably not the best. I even used heavy duty motorcycle chain lube before I left.



The Garden Gnome Seems to think it was good, he got a rare ride on my dirty steed. I'm pretty sure he was the voice who kept telling me to ride out and race everytime I looked out the window that Saturday morning.



My sweet wife prewashed my clothes in her bath water as soon as I got home. I had already done a quick rinse of everything in the drainage ditch next to the car before tossing into a dirty wet pile in my bag at the race.



Peek a Boo, I don't really see you! This was taken 3 hrs after we finished when I finally was able to get in the shower after cleaning everything else up. It's the next monring and things are still a bit blurry. My glasses served an ornamental, not functional purpose today.



Baker was on another level today. He smoked what was left of the field by 5 minutes, solo from the second of 6 laps.


All in all it was an epic race and good training when I would normally have just sat inside and taken a rest day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dug it. For me it was the first race of the season and I didn't have the option of racing on Sunny Sunday up in FC. I took my bike into the shop today for a little adjustment and the mechanic said something like, "it sounds a little gravel-ie."